Poda Pitha is sweet dish from Tripura prepared with rice, lentils, coconut and jaggery.
- 1 cup Rice, soaked for at least 6-8 hours
- 1/2 cup Urad dal, soaked for 6-8 hours
- 3/4 cup Grated coconut
- 1/2 cup Sliced coconut
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Grind rice and urad dal to a smooth paste. Cover and keep aside for 8 hours for fermentation.
- Add jaggery, coconut pieces, grated coconut, pepper powder and salt.
- Grease a baking tray with ghee and pour the batter on it.
- Preheat oven to 180C and bake the batter for 30 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 150C and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let the pitha cool down and slice into small cubes.
- Serve Poda pitha with chutney of your choice.