Odia style chana dal fritters seasoned with chopped onion and spices.
- 1/2 cup Chana dal /Bengal gram
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves, chopped
- 2 Green chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 Red chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Ajwain seeds
- 1 pinch Sugar
- Oil for frying
- Soak chana dal for an hour. Grind coarsely with garlic and red chillies.
- Add soda, salt, ajwain seeds and turmeric powder. Stir.
- Add chopped onion, green chilies and mint and keep it separate.
- Deep fry small round flattened balls of the batter till golden brown on all side.
- Serve with chutney.