Recipe from tempering rice. Often leftover rice is used.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 Green chili, chopped finely
- 4 Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Sugar - a pinch, optional
- Salt - to taste
- Lemon juice
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seed, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry onions. Once soft add rice and stir.
- Add spices - turmeric, chilli powder. Adjust taste with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Serve phodniche bhaat hot along with koshimbir / yogurt.