Deep Fried fritters made from Kantola or teasel gourd
- 250 grams kantola / phagil / teasel gourd, sliced vertically
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 pinch, Hing
- 1 teaspoon Amchur / tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup rice flour for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- Add chilli powder, hing, coriander powder to tamarind paste.
- Marinate Kantola with this paste and keep aside.
- Dip kantola pieces in rice flour and deep fry on medium heat till golden on both sides.
- Serve Phagila Podi hot with tea.