Spicy salad of kantola from Konkan region
- 4 kantola, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 4 dried red chillies
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 a lemon sized tamarind
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Add salt to chopped kantola. Mix well. Rest for 30 min. Squeeze to remove excess water.
- Heat oil. Shallow fry kantola piecs till uniformly roasted, brown and crispy. Keep aside.
- In some oil, temper coriander seeds, broken pieces of dried red chillies. Once cool, grind along with grated coconut and tamarind to form coarse mixture.
- Mix fried kantola with spice mixture, finely chopped onion and salt as per taste.
- Serve phagila kosumburi as side dish.