Pethe Ka Mitha is a popular dessert made with pumpkin, ghee and sugar. It is usually prepared during festivals or special occasions.
- 500 grams White or yellow pumpkin, grated
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- Few drops Red food color
- 10 -12 Cashew, roasted
- Cook pumpkin in a pan without adding water till all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add ghee and cook for few minutes.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add raisins and food color. Mix well. Garnish with fried cashews. Serve Pethe Ka Mitha hot or cold.