Fried dumplings made from green gram flour
- 1 cup Pesalu / Green moong dal, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup Minapappu / Urad dal, soaked in water overnight
- 8 Green chilies
- 1 piece Ginger, two inch long
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups oil
- Grind soaked dal along with green chillies, cumin, ginger and salt to smooth batter.
- Heat oil and deep fry doughnut/mendu vada shape piece of batter. Fry on all sides till golden brown.
- Serve Pesara Garelu hot with coriander coconut chutney.