Soft guava cheese made during Christmas. Pera means Guava in Konkani.
- 10 Guavas, medium ripe
- 750 grams Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Pressure cook guava till they are soft. Peel. Using metal sieve extract deseeded pulp.
- Grind pulp to fine smooth paste. Adjust taste with sugar and salt.
- Cook on medium heat while stirring continuously. Pulp thickens as sugar melts.
- Stop heating as mixture leaves sides. Add melted butter. Mix well.
- Allow half inch layer of mixture to set in a greased tray. Once set cut in desired shape.
- Store Perad in airtight container.