Spicy and quick Lentil curry made from split moong dal
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal
- 1 Onion,chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 Green Chili, chopped fine
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 3 Whole Red Chilli
- 1 pinch Asafetida / Hing
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves chopped fine
- Pressure cook moong dal along with water.
- Heat ghee and fry hing, mustard seeds,red chillies, green chillies, cumin seeds, onion, garlic and tomatoes,
- Add dal to the temper. Add water if required. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Cook for a minute and coriander leaves and pour over dal.
- Serve mogar dal hot with rice or roti.