Peechinga thoran is a kerala style nutritious dish, packed with vitamins, minerals and fibre. It is prepared by stir frying ridge gourd with coconut and spices. It is a great side dish for rice.
- 1 Ridge gourd, peeled and chopped
- A few curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons Grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Channa dal
- 2 Dried red chillies, broken into two
- 2 Green chilli, sliced
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add channa dal and fry until golden brown.
- Add red chillies, onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for a few minutes
- Add grated coconut, ridge gourd, turmeric powder and salt. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat until nicely cooked.
- Serve Peechinga Thoran with rice.