Spicy vegetable smash popular on Mumbai streets
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 3 1/2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (must - cauliflower, peas, carrot; optional- bell peppers, cabbage, green beans, beet, squash)
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 3 teaspoons Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1/8 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedge for garnish
- onion pieces for garnish
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil. Fry onion and garlic till translucent. Stir fry chopped vegetables and tomatoes. Add pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes till vegetables soften.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala. Mix well. cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cover and cook till potatoes are done. Mash everything till it has flowing consistency.
- Adjust taste with salt and chaat masala.
- Serve pav bhaji hot with butter, chopped coriander, chopped onion and lime wedge.