Patande is a popular breakfast dish from the Sirmour district of Himchal Pradesh. Similar to pancake, Patande is sweet dish made with commonly available ingredients – ghee, wheat flour, milk and sugar.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Cardamom
- Make a batter by mixing whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom seeds, water and milk. Let it rest for 30 min.
- Heat a pan, grease it with ghee. Pour some batter to circular shape and slowly fry the pancakes.
- Serve Patande hot with apple jam.