French beans cooked with steamed lentils
- 1 1/2 cups French Beans, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bengal gram dal/kadalai paruppu/chana dal, soaked for 1 hr
- 1/3 cup Tur Dal, soaked for 1 hr
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 Green chilli
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Cook beans with a little salt until soft adding needed water.
- Drain dal and grind it coarsely with red chillies, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt needed.
- Steam coarsely ground dal for 15 minutes or until cooked. Let dal to cool and then crumble dal.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves. Sdd the crumbled dal, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add drained cooked beans and mix well with the crumbled dal. Cook covered for another 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve Paruppu Usili hot with rice and curry.