Extra crispy pan fried potatoes coated with spices
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander-cumin powder
- salt to taste
- fresh lemon juice
- minced cilantro to garnish
- Cut the onion and potatoes into slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Make the tempering with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Stir in the onion and cook on medium heat until the onion starts browning around the edges.
- Stir in the turmeric, red chili powder, coriander-cumin powder and salt and let it saute for a few seconds.
- Stir in the sliced potato, then leave uncovered on medium heat.
- Turn the potatoes every 4-5 minutes and cook until crispy and browned.
- Garnish with lemon juice and cilantro.