Simple spicy lentil curry
- 1 cup tur dal
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons chana dal
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon tamarind
- 3 tablespoons dry coconut, grated
- 7 dried red chliles
- Dry roast masala ingredients except tamarind and coconut. Grind along with coconut and tamarind. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook dal with 2 cups of water till soft. Allow to cool and mash lightly.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add mashed dal, spice mix and salt.
- Simmer for few minutes till done.
- Serve pappu urumindi along with rice.