Grilled paneer with local vegetables cooked in dry tomato gravy.
You would find this recipe in almost all north Indian restaurants. The flavours and colours of the dish makes it stand out and popular. Try out this paneer tikka masala dry recipe
For Paneer Tikka
- 1/4 kilogram paneer, fresh cubed
- 1 capsicum / bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, cut into inch long squares
- 1 tablespoon besan / chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 cup dahi / yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Kasoori Methi / dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon oil for greasing
- 2 Onions, medium size, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, boiled and peeled
- 10 -12 Cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt, thick
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 large pinch Kasoori Methi
- 1 tablespoon Cream
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves / cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Whisk yogurt till smooth. Add ginger galic paste, spice powders, kasuri methi, besan and salt. Mix well.
- Add paneer cubes, onion and capsicum pieces to this marinate. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for hour.
- Grill/Shallow fry the coated paneer cubes, onion and capsicum pieces. Keep aside.
- Blend onions, tomatoes and cashew nuts to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and roast the paste till raw onion smell goes away. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool for a minute and add whisked yogurt. Stir well. Add 1/3 cup of water and stir.
- Simmer till gravy thickens and almost dry.
- Add cream, kasoori methi and paneer tikka mixture. Stir.
- Adjust taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve paneer tikka masala dry along with naan / roti or kulcha.