Quick stir-fry of dried beans and wild berries obtained from desert region of Rajasthan
- 1 cup Sangri (dried beans of Khejari tree)
- 1/4 cup Ker (dried berries of Capparis deciduas)
- 1/4 cup Kumat (dried seeds of acacia fruits)
- 1/4 cup dried Gunda or gum berry (chorda myxa)
- 3 small dried mango pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Water as required
- 4 dried red chilly
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- Soak Ker, Sangari, Kumat, Gunda in plain water for an hour.
- Rub all the ingredients soaked in water gently using your fingers and drain the water. Repeat this action for atleast 6-7 times to remove the dirt.
- Let the ingredients soak overnight.
- Wash it again and boil the Ker, Sangari, Kumat, Gunda and dried mango with a cup of water and a little turmeric for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the mango pieces and dried red chilly.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin and fennel seeds in it.
- Add finely chopped dried red chilly, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and asafetida powder in it.
- Add boiled ingredients, salt and 2-3 teaspoons of water in the pan and cook for a few minutes till water dries.
- Serve it hot with jowar/bajra roti.