Panchakhadya Khirapat is made of five food ingredients starting with sound “Kha” or ‘ख’ -Khobra, Kharik, khaskhas, khismis, khadisakhar.
It is one of the favorite offering to deity Lord Ganesh and made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
- 1 cup Khobra / dry coconut, grated
- 3/4 cup Kharik/ Dry dates (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Khaskhas/ Poppy seeds
- 10 Kismis/ raisins
- 1/4 cup Khadisakhar/ Rock Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Dry roast grated dry coconut and poppy seeds separately.
- Grind dry coconut, poppy seeds, rock sugar and dry dates to coarase powder. Mix well rasins and some pieces of unground coconut, rock sugar and dry dates.
- Store Panchkhadya khirapat in air tight container.