Spinach and other mixed vegetables cooked in mustard gravy
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 Green chillies
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt as per the taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder/ Haldi
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Panch phutan (mustard, cumin, fenugreek, nigella& fennel seeds )
- 1 bunch Palak, chopped
- 1 Red Onion, medium size sliced
- 1 Tomato, medium size sliced
- 10 Badi, fried
- 1 small size brinjals/ eggplants - cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup radish, sliced
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 6 French beans, cut in 2” long pieces
- 1 Potato, medium size cut in cubes
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in pan and shallow fry all vegetables except brinjal, tomatoes & spinach for 2-3 min.
- Now add mustard paste. Mix well sauté of 5-8 sec & immediately add 1 cup of water to the vegetables.
- Add salt as per the taste & turmeric powder. Cover the pan with a lid.
- As curry starts boiling add the brinjals/ eggplants. Cover again and boil till cooked.
- Add the chopped spinach, tomatoes. Mix well.
- Let the curry cook for another 5 mins till the spinach/palak gets cooked. Add the badi pieces.
- Heat oil in a another pan. Crackle dry red chillies & panch phutan. Then add the red onions. Sauté till soft.
- Now add the gravy in to the seasoning & mix well.