Palakottai Vadai is a tasty snack prepared with jackfruit seeds. The seeds are boiled, mashed, mixed with rice flour and gram flour and then deep fried. The pakoras can be served with evening tea.
- 1 cup Jackfruit seeds, boiled and blended coarsely
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 3/4 cup Besan
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- Blend boiled jackfruit seeds with ginger and garlic coarsely.
- Combine the mixture with besan, rice flour, chopped onions, garam masala powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Heat oil and deep fry small portions of the batter until it turns golden colour.
- Serve Palakottai Vadai / jackfruit seed pakoras hot with chutney or sauce.