‘Dosa balls’ made by deep frying rice and lentil batter.
- 3/4 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Black gram / Urad dal
- 1 teaspoon Split chick peas / chana dal
- 1 teaspoon Flattened rice / poha
- 4 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Onion, medium
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- Wash and soak together the rice, urad dal, chana dal, fenugreek and poha in water for at least 4 hours. Drain and grind.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover and leave it to ferment overnight.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves to the batter.
- Heat oil. Deep fry batter balls till golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- Serve Paddu hot along with coconut or ginger chutney.