Pachole, a snack from the Pahari district of Solan is prepared by steaming a mixture of mashed sweet corn and spices. It tastes great when topped with a bit of ghee.
- 2 cups Corn Kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Gram flour or besan
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely grind corn kernels and combine with ginger garlic paste, green chilli, salt and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Steam for 15 min. Allow to cool and set. Cut in squares.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown on all sides. Serve Pachole hot as side dish or snack.