Pacha Manga Curry is an easy to make Kerala dish prepared with raw mangoes, coconut milk and spices. It is a very tasty curry served with steamed rice.
- 1 large raw mango, washed, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 big onion sliced
- 1 piece ginger, inch long crushed
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups thin coconut milk
- salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 green chillies, vertically slit
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for tempering
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 dry red chillies
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Combine onion, green chillies, ginger, coconut oil (1 tsp), mango slices, spice powders and little salt in a bowl and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Cook the mixture in thin coconut milk till mangoes become tender.
- Add thick coconut milk to the curry on low flame and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and temper with oil, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and sliced shallots.
- Serve delicious pacha manga curry with steamed rice .