Turmeric is harvested around winter in Maharashtra. That is the time you might find turmeric rhizhome available in market. If you find them, grab the opportunity to make this seasonal delicacy – Oli Halad Chutney / Fresh Turmeric Chutney. Turmeric is known for its antioxidant and anti-cancer property. Thus turmeric chutney would not only add flavours to your diet but help protect body from degenerative diseases.
- 100 grams fresh turmeric / oli halad, washed peeled and chopped
- 100 grams Ginger, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Oil for tempering
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds/ rai for tempering
- 2 pinches Asafetida / hing for tempering
- Grind all ingredient to fine paste with minimum water.
- Temper the paste with hot oil and spluttered mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Mix will and store in cool place.
- Serve oli halad chutney/turmeric chutney as side dish.