Also known as Kashmiri salt chai. It is made from traditional tea leaves from Kashmir. Salt is added instead of sugar salt.
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri tea leaves (or pure green tea leaves)
- 1/3 bicarbonate of soda
- 2 pods of cardamom, crushed seed powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pistachios and almonds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Boil 1 cup water and brew tea leaves, till frothy.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and whisk vigorously for about 10 seconds
- Add remaining water and cardamom powder. Brew till tea turns bright red.
- Now on medium flame, add the milk and whisk the tea broth very vigorously to achieve a slight froth. The colour of the tea should now be a lovely dark pink.
- Adjust milk to colour of your choice.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Pour in to a cup and sprinkle with crushed pistachios and almonds.