Pickle made from Indian Gooseberry
- 1/4 kilogram Indian gooseberries
- 1/3 teaspoon Powdered fenugreek seeds
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Powdered jaggery
- Wash the gooseberries, and then steam-cook them until they are cooked but still firm.
- Section them by hand and de-seed them.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powders and salt to this. Toss well till evenly coated and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds. Add the asafoetida, curry leaves and gooseberries segments.
- Stir occasionally and let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now add the powdered fenugreek and the jaggery and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and let the pickle cool.
- Store in clean glass jar in cool place.