Rice with flavors of indian gooseberry
- 1 cup rice
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 pinch, Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Urad daal
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 green chillies
- 4 gooseberries (pitted)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Pressure cook rice and keep aside.
- Grind coconut, gooseberry (remove the pits), green chillies and salt by adding very little water.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, asafetida, and peanuts (if using), urad daal and mix until the peanuts turn crisp.
- Add chopped onion and mix until it turns transparent.
- Now add the ground paste and stir for about a minute until the mixture turns light brown.
- Add turmeric powder, rice, salt and mix well. Adjust taste. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.