Lentil curry consumed along with rice
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 15 Sambar onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Rice flour
- 1/3 cup Grated coconut
- 2 Drumstick, chopped finger size and slit half way
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Tamarind – Berry size
- 2 teaspoons Sambar powder
- Curry leaves – few
- Pressure cook moon dal along with turmeric powder, little oil, and water.
- Once cool, mash the dal well.
- Steam drumstick pieces separately.
- Grind coconut and rice four to a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat mashed dal along with drumstick, sambhar powder, tamarind extract, salt and water. Bring to boil.
- Add ground coconut mixture and mix.
- Prepare tempering by heating oil with mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, small onions and curry leaves. Pour in dal mixture and mix.
- Serve Murungakai Poricha Kuzhambu along with steamed rice.