Moringa leaves are packed with nutrients. Moringa leaves contain various vitamins (including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin C), minerals (including calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc), proteins, antioxidants, and other benefits. Moringa leaves provide amino acids which are rare in vegetarian diet and often found in meat. Moringa provides protein – argenine and histidine, which are required for infant growth and extremely valuable food source in various countries having problems of undernourishment. Read more about health benefits of moringa leaves.
Murungai Keerai soup is best way to enjoy the health benefits of this gift from nature.
- 4 Garlic pods
- 2 onion, medium chopped
- 1 cup Drumstick/ murungai/saijan ki phalli leaves
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pepper / kali mirch
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 teaspoon Coriander / dhaniya
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook all the ingredients with 3 cups water. Allow to cool.
- Strain and grind to smooth paste. Add back strained water.
- Heat and bring to boil. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy murungai keerai soup.