Seitan made from wheat gluten is spiced up, poached and fried to make curry.
- 3 cups flour
- Cinnamon, half inch stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 green chillies
- black pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, crushed
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- red chilli powder
- 1 pinch hing
- carrots, french beans, spinach leaves (4-6)
- Mix flour and salt. Knead with water into stiff dough.
- Place dough in water undisturbed for 10 minutes. Drain. Knead dough and continue the process 3-4 times. Only one fourth of dough would be remaining.
- Knead this gluten or mukundwadi along with spices. Make small balls of this gluten.
- Make vegetable stock by heating water with ginger, peppercorn, cloves, chillies, cinnamon and vegetables. Once it boils, add mukundwadi pieces. Boil them till they float.
- Drain wadis and let them cool.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown. Serve mukundwai with rice or curries.