Muji Kael is a tasty Kashmiri preparation of fried radish with spices. It tastes great with rice.
- 500 gms Radish, peeled, cut into strips & soaked in water
- 2 teaspoons Fennel powder / saunf powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder / sunth powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black cardamom, crushed
- 2 Cloves, clushed
- A pinch Asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Mango powder / amchur
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Stir fry radish in oil and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds and asafoetia. Fry cloves and black cardamon.
- Add fried radish, fennel, ginger powder, mango powder, carrom seeds, red chilli powder and salt. Add 2-3 tbsp water. Stir till oil separates.
- Serve Muji Kael with rice.