Spinach cooked in yogurt curry
- 1 bunch Spinach, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut scraped coconut
- 1 cup Curd, thick sour
- 4 dried red chilly
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Dried Red Chilly, for tempering
- Heat spinach in a vessel for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to plate, cool for a while and grind to paste without water.
- Heat oil. Roast fenugreek seeds and dried red chillies.
- Grind coconut, roasted fenugreek and red chillies using half the curd to smooth paste.
- Mix ground coconut paste with spinach puree. Adjust salt.
- Add remaining curd and about half cup water.
- Simmer till it comes to boil.
- Temper with hot oil and fried mustard seeds and dried red chilly.
- Serve Moru Keerai with hot steamed rice.