Sweet porridge made from ghee roasted flour of green gram.
- 250 grams moong daal, split yellow
- 1 kilogram milk
- 300 grams sugar
- 200 grams ghee
- few drop of food essence
- 2 green cardamom
- few sliced almond
- few sliced cashews
- Roast flour for 2-3 minutes in little ghee.
- Pressure cook flour with milk and caradamom on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Once pressure releases, blend mixture and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Heat mixture along with remaining ghee and essence. Stir rigorously and cook till oil separates.
- Add sugar and stir mix for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cashews. Serve moong dal ka halwa hot.