Monji Achar is a sweet and crunchy pickle made with Kohlrabi. It is mostly eaten with plain rice.
- 6 medium Kohlrabi, peeled and cut into medium sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons Brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain/ Bishop\'s weed
- 4 tablespoons Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cups Mustard Oil
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida / hing
- Place kohlrabi in the sun for a few hours, until the moisture dries up.
- Coarsely grind the mustard seeds and ajwain.
- Add this mix, salt, spices, oil, kohlrabi and greens. Mix well.
- Place in airtight glass jar and allow to ferment in sunlight.
- Serve Monji Achar with rice.