Mokali Bhajani is a tasty Maharashtrian dish prepared by mixing Bhajani flour with spices. It can be had as a breakfast dish or as a snack.
- 1 cup thalipeeth bhajani flour
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 pinch carom seeds
- Chopped coriander leaves and scraped fresh coconut for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Combine bhajani flour, red chilli powder and salt in a bowl and make a thick batter by adding water.
- Make a tempering of mustard seeds, carom seeds and asafetida in hot oil Add onion, turmeric powder and the batter in the pan. Mix well. Cook covered for 10 minutes. Stir until dry.
- Garnish with fresh coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Mokali Bhajani hot with buttermilk or curd.