Scambled chickpea flour along with fenugreek greens
- 1 1/2 cups besan / chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 bunch methi, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 asafetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Whisk besan along with yogurt and 5 cups of water. Add salt and chilli powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Crackle mustard seeds. Fry onion till translucent.
- Add asafetida, turmeric powder and methi leaves.Cook covered till methi shrinks.
- Add yogurt-besan mixture to fried methi. Keep whisking to avoid formation of lumps.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes. Serve Methi Pithla with roti, spicy pickle and chopped onions.