Methi na Gotta is a Gujarati teatime snack made by deep frying a mixture of chickpea flour, fenugreek leaves and spices. It tastes best when served with green chutney.
- 2 cups fresh fenugreek leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch soda
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1 cup curd
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 1 cup besan(gram flour)
- 1 cup gram flour thick (karakaro)
- Oil for deep-frying
- Mix all ingredients (except soda) with little water to make thick batter.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Add a pinch soda and deep fry small amounts of the batter on medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- Serve Methi na Gotta hot with green chutney and masala curd.