Fenugreek green cooked along with lentils
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 bunch fresh methi, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 tablespoon tamarind juice/paste
- 1/2 tablespoon jaggery
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook dal. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds. Add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Add and cook methi leaves on low heat.
- Add jaggery, tamarind, cumin powder, coriander seed powder, garam masala, salt and red chilli powder. Combine well with the cooked methi.
- Add cooked dal, 1/4 cup water and cook till mixture thickens. Adjust consistency with water.
- Serve Methi Gola Bhaji with chapati.