Mavunda / Avalosunda is a delicious Kerala snack made with roasted rice flour
- 3 cups Rice powder
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut, grated
- 200 grams Jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Dry ginger powder
- Rice flour for dusting
- Combine rice powder, coconut, cumin seeds and salt. Keep covered for an hour.
- Dry roast this mixture until light brown. Keep aside.
- Add the cardamom powder and dry ginger powder. Mix well.
- Melt jaggery in water and bring to a boil.
- Pour this jaggery syrup over the rice mixture and mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture while still warm.
- Roll the balls gently in rice flour and shake off excess flour.
- Serve Mavunda with a cup of tea.