Stuffed fritters made from potato and green peas
- 5 Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups Peas, boiled and mashed to coarse paste
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 4 Cashews (finely chopped)
- Red Chilly Powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix potatoes along with breadcrumbs and salt. Knead to soft dough.
- Heat oil. Fry garlic paste, green chillies, fennel seeds, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Add mashed peas and salt. Mix well.
- Flatten potato dough into round disc. Place spoonful of pea mixture inside and seal the dough in round shape.
- Deep fry patties in hot oil on medium flame till golden brown.
- Serve Matar patties hot with tomato ketchup.