Peas in spicy curry along with cottage cheese
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups frozen green peas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilly, roughly chopped
- pinch dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1 -inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Melt ghee, splutter cumin seeds. Add and fry onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies till onions are brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Blend mixture.
- Heat mixture. Add spices, water and peas. Bring to boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add paneer and coconut cream. Stir. Cook for a minute.
- Serve Matar Paneer hot with roti.