Fried sweet flour jaggery fritters used as the offering to Lord Jagannatha.
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 2 cups Jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Pana Madhuri / Fennel
- 1 teaspoon Gola Maricha/ Black pepper
- Ghee, for frying
- Pound jaggery, fennel and black pepper with cup of hot water.
- Add wheat flour into the boiling water, while stirring it continuously.
- Mix well to form lump free firm dough.
- Allow dough to cool. Roll into small flat round discs.
- Deep fry discs in hot ghee till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve hot mandua pitha hot as side dish.