Chutney made with coriander leaves and coconut
- Category: Chutney Recipes
- 1 bunch Coriander leaves/Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- 2 handful Grated Coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon Tamarind pulp
- 1 Shallots
- 1 Small tomato
- 1 teaspoon Channa dal
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, urad dal and channa dal. Saute until it changes color.
- Add red chillies, garlic, tomato and onion. Saute for few minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, tamarind pulp, salt and coconut. Saute well.
- Cool this mixture and grind with a little water to a fine paste.
- Pour this seasoning over the chutney made from hot oil and fried mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve Malliyila chutney with idli/dosa.