Makhana mithadi is a Himachali dessert prepared with lotus seeds.
- 1 cup Makhane/ Lotus seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel
- 12 Cashew nuts
- 12 Raisins
- 1 cup Sugar
- Few Dry coconut slices
- Food coloring
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashews, dry coconut and raisins. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat some more ghee and saute makhane until light brown. Keep aside.
- Heat some more ghee and add fennel. Saute for some time.
- Add water, sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add dry fruits, nuts, food coloring and makhane. Cook for few minutes.
- Serve Makhana mithadi warm.