Sour Lentil curry with Maharashtrian spices
- 1/2 cup Toor dal, boiled
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 4 Curry leaves
- 2 Green chilies, chopped finely
- Tamarind paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Goda masala
- Salt - to taste
- Pressure cook dal along with water. Blend.
- Temper dal with hot oil and fried mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add spices - turmeric powder, goda masala and simmer.
- Adjust taste with salt, tamarind paste and jaggery.
- Serve hot ambti along with bhaat/rice.