This is quick dessert recipe from Manipur using common ingredients. Fried chickpea dumplings are soaked in sweet milk and garnished with nuts to make Madhurjan Thongba.
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1/3 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Milk
- Dry fruits (cashew nut and almond), few
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tej Patta / bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Coconut, grated
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix besan, salt, soda, 1 tsp sugar well. Knead into stiff dough with little water.
- Make marble sized or more round balls from dough and deep fry in oil till golden on all side. Drain fried balls and keep aside.
- Brink milk by heating milk with sugar, nuts and bay leaf.
- Add fried besan balls and coconut in milk. Simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Garnish with nuts and serve Madhurjan Thongba hot or cold, as desired