Buttermilk stew made along with ripe mangoes
- 1 large ripe mango , skin removed and chopped
- 2 cups Buttermilk, prefrably sour
- 2 teaspoons Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seed
- 4 Red chilies
- 1 tablespoon Rice, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Coconut (grated)
- Salt – to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat chopped mangos along with water, turmeric powder until mangoes soft. Mash all.
- Oil roast fenugreek seeds and red chillies. Grind along with soaked rice and coconut to paste.
- Serve Maambazham Morkuzhambu along with rice.
- Whisk buttermilk along with the paste. Heat along with mango pulp on low flame.
- Bring to boil. Add turmeric powder and salt. Cook till thickened.
- Temper with hot oil, fried mustard seeds and curry leaves.