Juicy sweet west bengal cuisine made from creamy khawa and enhanced by clove
- 2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 250 grams Khoya/ Mawa
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Sugar, ground
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Rose syrup
- 20 Cloves
- 1 pinch Saffron - soaked in warm water
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Knead flour, sugar powder, baking soda, salt, saffron and ghee into soft dough. Keep aside.
- Combine 1 cup sugar with half cup water and rose syrup. Bring to boil. Simmer for few minutes and keep aside.
- Mix khoya, quarter cup sugar, ground nutmeg and rasins. Keep aside this filling
- Roll portion of dough in round puri shape. Stuff with filling and seal with clove.
- Deep fry on medium heat till golden brown on each side.
- Coat with sugar syrup when cool.