Lingru Madra is a Himachali specialty where fiddlehead ferns are cooked in a yogurt gravy. It pairs well with rice.
- 500 grams Lingad/Fiddlehead ferns, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cashew nuts
- Dry coconut pieces
- Bay leaf
- 1 bowl Malai
- 1 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 cups Yogurt
- Black pepper corns
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add cumin, corainder powder, turmeric powder, fiddlehead ferns, water and salt.
- Mix well and pressure cook for one whistle.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add all the whole spices, cumin, coriander powder, dry coconut, cashews, almonds, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Saute well.
- Add yogurt and salt and keep stirring for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add cooked fiddlehead ferns, malai, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve Lingru madra hot with rice.