Ledir Chhaman is a Kashmiri vegetarian delicacy served with rice. Cottage cheese is cooked in milk and spices until it becomes golden and tender.
- 1 kilogram Paneer ( Cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Saunf powder / Fennel powder
- 1 tablespoon Haldi powder / Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Saunth powder / Dry Ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 5 Moti elaichi / Black cardamom, crushed
- 3 Cardamom, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Black cumin / kala jeera, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 3 ladles of Mustard oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cheese till brown.
- In a cooking vessel, add three glasses of water, fried cheese, saunf, saunth, haldi, salt, hing and bay leaves and cook on low flame till the water reduces to half.
- Add kala zeera, elaichi, moti elaichi and milk and cook for another five minutes.
- Serve Ledir Chhaman hot with rice.